Cardiovascular disease (CVD) is the most prevalent and costly chronic disease in America, and is the leading cause of death.* Conventional biometric screenings for cardiovascular disease requires 8-12 hour fasting and blood draws, which is a deterrent to many people.
Heart & Stroke Screen is a 30 minute, on-site screening that requires no preparation. This screening provides the best known tests for detecting vascular disease, the leading cause of heart attacks and strokes, and it instantly provides your results. The testing is noninvasive, involves no radiation or needles, and is $99 per person.
- Quick Carotid Ultrasound Scan (QCS)
- Peak Systolic Velocity (PSV)
- Ankle Brachial Index (ABI)
- Blood pressure in both arms
- Heart rhythm & pulse (EKG)
- Limited Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm scan (AAA)
If any results fall outside of the normal range, participants will be encouraged to follow up with their primary care provider.
Participants will receive the following materials at the completion of the Heart & Stroke Screen:
- A personal report with your findings
- Print out of results
- Educational information with testing explanation
- Non-diagnostic consultation on how to read results and follow-up care instructions
No physician referral required. To schedule a Heart & Stroke Screen, call 859.987.5055
Bourbon Community Hospital is an accredited chest pain center designated by the American College of Cardiology.