Our patients' visitors are welcome guests. The companionship of loved ones can aid in a speedy recovery, however, rest and therapy are important too. For that reason we encourage friends and loved ones to limit their visits to short periods within our visiting hours.
Visiting hours and rules vary for each department due to the specific needs of their patients. Please see the guidelines below for each department when planning your visit.
- Visitors under the age of 14 must be cleared by the nursing unit. Children will not be left unattended within the hospital.
- Any visitor staying after 8 pm should report to the Emergency Department Admitting desk to receive a visitor's sticker which will identify the visitor name, date, patient visiting, unit, and room number.
Adult Behavioral Health Unit Visitors
- The Behavioral Health unit is not allowing visitors at this time. If you have any questions, pleases contact the nurses station at 859.987.1123
Adolescent Behavioral Health Unit Visitors
- The Adolescent Behavioral Health unit is not allowing visitors at this time. If you have any questions, pleases contact the nurses station at 859.987.1170
- Limit of 2 visitors per patient (exceptions at primary nurse or physician discretion only).
- All visitors for patients located in the ICU should check with ICU personnel prior to visiting.
- Visitors may be restricted due to patient care needs.
- No children under age 14 without special permission from primary nurse or physician.
- At the primary nurse's discretion, in unusual circumstances, a family member may be permitted to stay with the patient in ICU.
- There will be no visitors when the patient is being prepared for surgery. Once ready, the nurse will call for 2 visitors.
- After surgery/procedure one visitor is allowed to go to the post-anesthesia care unit (PACU) after patient is settled and assessed.
Med/Surg Unit Visitors
- Visiting Hours are open but for patient rest and recovery.
- Patients are allowed two visitors at a time. (Exceptions may be made at the discretion of the Nurse Director/Charge Nurse
- Visitors under the age of 14 must be cleared for visitation by the Nurse Supervisor/Charge Nurse and must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
- After physician has seen patient, one visitor will be allowed.
- Pediatric patients must have parents/caregivers in attendance during visit and physician examination.
- Visitors may be restricted in patient area or specific rooms due to the care needs of the patient or increased acuity/activity in the department.
- Visitors must stay in the patient area (not in hallway). Visitors must use the designated waiting area.