Loved ones are welcome again.
It’s been a hard year. During the COVID-19 pandemic, our community has faced a number of new challenges as we have worked to protect each other’s health and well-being. Perhaps one of the biggest of those challenges has been separation from others – whether that means forgoing in-person gatherings, grabbing coffee with a friend or visiting a loved one who is receiving care at the hospital.
As we come closer than ever to putting the pandemic behind us, we are pleased to announce that our visitation restrictions are relaxing, and loved ones are welcome again. We know that it has been difficult to be apart from family and friends who are receiving care, and we want to thank you for your patience and understanding while restrictions were in place to protect the health of our patients and staff.
We are so pleased to welcome our patients’ loved ones back to the hospital to visit. Our updated visitor policy can be found below.
It’s been a hard year. Let’s make the next one better…together.
At Bourbon Community Hospital, our top priority is safeguarding the health and wellbeing of our patients, providers, employees and community. We continue to closely monitor the prevalence of coronavirus (COVID-19) in our community and follow state and federal guidance as we adapt our operations to safely care for and support our patients. As current projections continue to indicate a lower than expected volume of COVID-19 in our region, we have eased our visitor policy as follows:
- Inpatients will be limited to two (2) WELL visitors per day between 7am - 9pm.
- Behaivoral Health patients may not have visitors at this time.
- Adult ER patients are limited to one (1) WELL visitor.
- Surgery patients are limited to one (1) WELL visitor in the hospital for the duration of the surgery. If social distancing cannot be maintained in the surgery waiting room, visitors may be asked to wait in their car once the surgery starts.
- WELL visitors must be 18 years of age or older.
- Outpatients are strongly discouraged to have a visitor accompany them.
- In certain patient situations such as, patients who are under observation or test positive for COVID-19, may not be permitted.
- All patients and visitors over the age of five (5) years old will be required to wear a mask during their visit.
- The following exceptions include:
- Pediatric patients may have two (2) WELL parents or guardians.
- Patients who are at the end-of-life may have up to two (2) WELL visitors for the length of time cleared by the attending physician.
- Patients with altered mental status, cognitive impairment, developmental delays or disruptive behavior, where a family member is key to their care, may have one (1) WELL visitor.
Signage is being posted around the facility notifying visitors and the community of these new restrictions and guidelines